- A great deal of time over the past few weeks has been taken up with the CAO recruitment - again, welcome to Dan Bottrill - our time spent was worth it - and developing the Council Term Priorities, which should be coming forward in the near future.
- March 6 - met with Lori Smart of Fraser Health Authority and Mary Rode, new Site Director for Peace Arch Hospital, to discuss Healthier Communities initiatives.
- March 6 - met with Betty Icharia, local Operations Manager for Epcor.
- March 7 - attended a Translink Mayors Council Meeting
- March 13 - met with Gary Saunders of White Rock Harbour Board.
- March 15 - along with most other members of Council, I attended a meeting hosted by the White Rock Business Improvement Association which was designed to update the new Council on the BIA's mandate and plans for the future.
- March 20 - met with Debbie Magson, Executive Director of the SSWR Community Foundation. We discussed the Ash Street Walkway footprint site.
- March 27 - met with well-known local artist Chris McLure who I am pleased to say has returned to White Rock and will be opening a new studio and gallery on Russell Ave.
- March 28/29 - attended the Municipal Finance Authority Annual General Meeting and financial forum in Victoria.
- March 30- Jane and I and the grandchildren had a wonderful time at Earl Marriott Secondary School's annual PowWow. This event is sponsored by the school's aboriginal program and is well worth attending.
- March 31 - was pleased to be asked to open the season for the South Surrey White Rock Minor Softball Association at Sunnyside Park. Great to see the ball players revved up for the season.
Jans on the Beach, 14898 Marine Drive
The Rustic Gourmet located in the Curling Center at the Center for Active Living - 1475 Anderson Street
Karen McGregor/Divine You - 14899 Marine Drive
Famous Rome Ice Cream - 15543 Marine Drive
The Medicine Guru - 102 - 1440 George Street