* Resident of White Rock and South Surrey for 31 years.
* Married to Jane for 45 years.
* Father to 3 and grandfather to 10 of whom 6 are, or will soon be, attending school in White Rock
* A life- long career of public service.
* I served Canada as a Major in the Canadian Army.
* I served White Rock as City Manager for 23 years.
* I served the Community as a Rotarian, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation executive, and soccer coach and community sports organizer.
Why Am I Running For Mayor?
I really care about this City. I live here. My kids live here. My grandkids live here. That concern, together with my experience and knowledge, leads me to want to serve my City and my Community one more way - as your Mayor.
In essence, I want what you want:
- competent governance ,
- safe, liveable, sustainable community
- reasonable taxes,
- healthy flourishing businesses
- Mayor, City of White Rock
- Management and Local Government Consultant
- City Manager, White Rock 23 years
- Engineer, District of North Vancouver 4 years
- Retired Major Canadian Armed Forces
- Past President Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators
- Recipient of Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Medal for Public Service
- Master of Business Administration (Simon Fraser University)
- Master of Engineering (University of Toronto)
- Bachelor of Science (Royal Military College)
Community and Personal:
- Rotarian and Past President of White Rock Rotary Club;
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Former Board Member and Vice Chairman of Peace Arch Hospital and Community Health Foundation Board
- Member and former Chairman and Principal Fundraiser for the South Surrey Field house Society
- Coach of Boys and Girls Soccer for 8 years;
- Former Executive Board member of Peace Arch Soccer Club Executive
- Member of the Board of Equitas